I purchased a Raymarine Ray 260 VHF radio $999 with AIS.Recieved no shop tech support only to find out after installation that the radio is not suitable to operate with a sea talk system found on the E120 clasic display.

I asked the west marine manager at the place of purchase Channel Islands CA that I would like to exchange the Ray 260 AIS with a less expensive Ray 260 without AIS.

The GPS will work with the nema system according to a Raymarine tech.

They told me although as stated at time of purchase that West Marine has a 30 day no ask policy, what a bunch of *** they refused the return!!!!!If anyone has thought of a class action I am In!

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with West Marine. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about West Marine.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Boats and Bikes category for more informed decision or compare West Marine to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with West Marine?

Comments

#1020650

I could fill several pages with similar experiences.Firstly, I purchased the E80, 4KW Radome, Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor and Raystar125 GPS solely based on compatibility with my existing Seatalk (I) wind and tridata.

The system was bought so as to eliminate the finger pointing if they failed to communicate properly. Guess what, they did not communicate properly.

It took years to get this resolved.More could be said, but I'll stop here.